View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
USPS insurance is horrible. I filed a claim and was denied because I couldn't verify the value. It was only $700 and it was for cards that I had for years and the value was actually much higher. The hoops they make you jump thru are asinine. Worst part....they know the package was lost but not only did they deny my insurance claim, they refused to refund the actual cost of the shipping for a package that didn't arrive. I was getting e-mails for months that they were still looking for the package. Now, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was that there was a packing slip inside the box so apparently it was opened and the package FINALLY got to it's intended location after a couple months. To this day, the tracking number still shows that it is "In Transit".
I’m in complete agreement. Now if I was a postal employee looking for a box to make vanish (so to speak), would I choose a small flat rate priority box or would I choose a small flat rate box with an insurance sticker on it. Since I share your opinion of USPS insurance, I tend to send some higher end cards without insurance of any kind and no insured sticker therefore and have never had a problem. If the value on the contents represented a loss that I couldn’t absorb, then I would go the registered mail route. Am I crazy to think that an insured package is not an invitation to “Take Me”?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.