View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default Here's some good stuff...can we help? Ryan SL'er T206

Posted By: Scot Reader

Sir,

Elaborating a little on what Paul said, the T206 Ryan subject is known with the Brown Hindu, Black Old Mill Southern and Piedmont 350 back types. I do not believe the Ryan subject is known with the ultra-rare Brown Old Mill Southern back type or any of the three nearly impossible Old Mill Southern Overprint back types (i.e., black back w/single black overstrike, brown back w/single red overstrike, brown back with double red overstrike).

I would guess that a VG-EX PSA- or SGC-graded example of Ryan with a Black Old Mill Southern or Piedmont 350 back might run you $150-200. A comparably graded example with the Brown Hindu back might cost three times as much (since that back is considerably scarcer). If you are not too condition sensitive, you should be able to acquire on eBay one example each with the Black Old Mill Southern back and Piedmont 350 back in a few weeks (or a few months at most); however, finding an example with the Brown Hindu back--especially a nice example--will prove more of a challenge.

Scot