View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 07:56 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
I do believe in my statement that if it was a true unopened pack it would be certified...that's where the actual and only value lies, a 1979 OPC (or Topps) pack with a Gretzky RC showing. A clear sticker with a Gretzky auto on it has maybe $200 worth of value if you're lucky. A legit unopened pack with a Gretzky RC showing is probably a $20k-$50k item??? And, in addition, we're to believe someone has both an OPC pack and a Topps pack like this for offer in this auction, and then also more on tap for upcoming auctions? That reeks of absolute nonsense to me...and apparently only to me, lol.

If this pack was legit, it would almost be the hockey equivalent of taking a '52 Topps unopened pack with Mantle showing, putting a clear autographed sticker on it, and having PSA certify only that the autograph on the sticker is genuine, no...one...would...ever...do...that.
Oh I think this is a trial run, but yes it is certainly quite possible the card in the pack is fake and the pack resealed. I am just stating that the catch 22 is that the pack is basically ungradable.

I would wager that I am even likely wrong that it would be accepted by PSA for pack grading at all. The Topps Rookie Premiere scandal that absolutely killed them in 2007-8 as they graded an absolute ton of backdoored cards with fake signatures as “authentic” and stated it happened as they were only grading the cards themselves and not the signature would likely have them stating that without removing the sticker they would refuse to grade just the pack.

Funny thing is that this submitter flipped that on its head.

Psa did actually take a safe route by only putting “sticker” on this.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 08-26-2022 at 08:03 PM.