Thread: Topps Heritage
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 11:53 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I've given up on it as a breaker. I just do not think there is enough value there to justify the cost. I bought some of the 2018 and 2019, and got a case of the 2020 (1971 was my favorite as a kid). It was not worth the price I paid, unless some of the RCs go off. I got a box of the 2021 as a gift and it was the single worst break I have ever had. The box topper was a 5 x 7 nobody, and the insert was one of those non-specific Clubhouse 'relic' cards. The parallels were scarce and nobodies. Even the base cards were a collection of duds. No Ohtani base card, one Trout card. If I'd paid for it, I'd have been really pissed.
Very true. It's my favorite set to break anyways; I love the variations and it's the set best for set building, which I have fun with. I am lucky that I get a few boxes each year from a distributor friend for less than market. I have a ton of fun opening it, but, it's absolutely brutal if you're breaking for anything but casual fun. Heritage is really, really tough to profit on since production started spiking in 2019. The odds you'll get even half the cost of the box back have got to be 20% or less. Auto's are like 2 per case, and usually junk even then.

For fun though, 2021 Heritage High Number Hobby boxes are selling for $50. 2020 High Number are like $55. You're still going to lose, but at $2 a pack, it's a really fun rip to just open up some vintage looking stuff.