View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I believe ivermectin has come up again because of this study and I think another one: https://www.cureus.com/articles/1118...ted_modal=true

I am agnostic on if it works or not. Early reports it worked from some doctors using it were instantly attacked by the press before any study was done at all, often using false and misleading claims (ignoring it is regularly prescribed to humans to label it solely horse dewormer, etc.) The other side then or simultaneously latched onto it almost immediately. I find it difficult to find a rational basis for either view in how they developed, simply a possibly helpful item being lauded or lambasted based on a political narrative from both without a real and honest appraisal.

I am not endorsing the linked study, just providing what it is that has brought the issue up the last few weeks in the US and started to reach the mainstream.
It's a shame that the science gets lost in the agendas. I don't know what to make of the linked study, on the surface it reads like prior positive studies I have seen whose rigorousness have been questioned but it may be more definitive or at least less flawed or subject to doubt who knows. I suspect we'll never get a clean answer which sucks because it's so important to know. It never ceases to amaze me how on some topics there is so much apparent inconsistency in the data. A skeptic like John Ioannidis would say that's because most studies prove what they set out to prove, but I don't know that that explains all of it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-04-2022 at 07:27 PM.