View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 07:19 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Wow Dale you're reading an awful lot into my posting a link to a book ad and saying I thought of you when I read the ad. LOLOL. Who said anything about the FDA or CDC or government or vaccine mandates?

As for ivermectin, this is from a June 2022 Cochrane review, is there somethng comparable that is newer?

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19
Is ivermectin effective for COVID-19?

Key messages

We found no evidence to support the use of ivermectin for treating COVID-19 or preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection. The evidence base improved slightly in this update, but is still limited.

It works "without a doubt" eh?

As for my favorite sources, I don't think Science Based Medicine has dealt with this since earlier this year, but if they changed their view that would be meaningful to me as I am agnostic on the subject. Their last view was rather dim.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ive...19-treatments/
I believe ivermectin has come up again because of this study and I think another one: https://www.cureus.com/articles/1118...ted_modal=true

I am agnostic on if it works or not. Early reports it worked from some doctors using it were instantly attacked by the press before any study was done at all, often using false and misleading claims (ignoring it is regularly prescribed to humans to label it solely horse dewormer, etc.) The other side then or simultaneously latched onto it almost immediately. I find it difficult to find a rational basis for either view in how they developed, simply a possibly helpful item being lauded or lambasted based on a political narrative from both without a real and honest appraisal.

I am not endorsing the linked study, just providing what it is that has brought the issue up the last few weeks in the US and started to reach the mainstream.