View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 10:33 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I think all Ted is saying is that all the figures in this drama -- Ruth, then Maris, and now Judge -- played RF for the Yankees. You guys are being kinda harsh.
Bullsh@t! Quit trying to defend him.

He asked what two coincidences occur if/when Judge hits home run #61. The 61 years between Maris and Judge doing it is very clear, but only includes the two of them. But for the second part, Ruth didn't hit 61 home runs, yet the OP specifically asked for coincidences involving when Judge hits home run #61, not home run #60 or #62. The LEAST the OP could have done is acknowledge that mr2686 had the correct answer, or that maybe he just missed seeing his earlier post.

And trying to claim that including a card of Ruth's in the OP somehow made it okay, and that everyone should have known that meant Ruth was to suddenly be included in the second coincidence, makes absolutely no sense. Go back and look at all the guesses for that second coincidence, I believe pretty much all of them only involved Judge and Maris, so I was not alone in my interpretation of what was being asked.

And no one was being harsh, unless being factual and truthful is now that. The only person possibly being treated disrespectfully was mr2686, who appears to have correctly answered the question, but was afforded no credit for doing so, or at least an explanation as to why he was supposedly not right.