View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 06:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I think Maddux, Randy and Seaver are all very, very similar in overall value. Pedro has the best peak of them all, but too short a career to best them. I think it’s clearly Clemens at the top if we don’t punish for steroids. I think it’s hard to put anyone over him in the post-war period entirely. His career is ridiculous, dominating from age 23 through age 43.
He had a few years with the Sox at the end where he had pretty bad nagging injuries too, make those years more like the rest of his career and it's even more absurd. His first game back at Fenway after going to Toronto was priceless. Dan Duquette had justified letting him go by saying he was in the twilight of his career. Roger first drills Mo Vaughn to send a message, thpitches a fine game and walks off the mound glaring up at where Duquette sits. It was awesome. Twilight indeed, he won 4 Cy Youngs after that. The last at age 41 LOL.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-17-2022 at 06:32 PM.