Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 09:24 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

These will look familiar .

Pretty nice stack in my eyes, the fronts are bolder in color than C52's are normally found. C52's tend to be less good on the registration front than the T218 print runs, faces for example are usually a little out of registration and these are no different. Almost all the cards have back toning and spots of toning on the front that I suspect are from decades long storage in the album they were in. This seems common in C52, the heavily browned backs that turn the ink a bluish/green are not a stock variant, just toning. I suspect it is common because Imperial Tobacco tended to issue albums for their cards that people stored them in and this setup has led to toning. The album this came with is certainly not the Imperial Tobacco album that could have been issued for the set. I do suspect one may have been issued though and could turn up.

None of these would grade higher than a 3 I think, but they look good and I never care much about condition anyways. This lot brings me up to 86 out of the 109 cards in the set, and gives me some dupes now that are available for swapping (hit me up if anyone is interested). I have to bump C52 up my priority list now, 23 to go isn't too bad.

I got the T53's, T73's and single C71 with the find. Plugged some holes in my T73 set and a lot of the T53's were small upgrades to my completed master set. C71 I have to research, looks pretty cool and I like the non-sport animal series', but that's for the other board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0788.jpg (203.8 KB, 113 views)