View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 01:06 PM
Scott M.

Default 1912 Philadelphia Caramel Pennants - Any info on these?

I recently acquired the April 1912 issue of the Confectioners Journal magazine due to my interest in Croft's Cocoa related items.

While looking through the different period advertisements, I came across an ad for Philadelphia Caramel which talks about a set of 48 City pennants along with 12 Baseball related pennants for a grand total of 60 pennants.

I've had the following Brooklyn pennant in my collection since the mid 1970s which was acquired by my father and I from the original collector. The collection contained many tobacco and candy cards, including quite a few produced by Philadelphia Caramel, but I have never had any idea as to what set the pennant may belong to.

After coming across the above advertisement, I am fairly confident that the pennant that I have belongs to this set of 1912 Philadelphia Caramel pennants as the ad states that the flags are illustrated at actual size and the Brooklyn pennant fits perfectly into the ad.

The pennant measures roughly 4 3/8” in length x 1 1/4" in height along the left edge.

Are there any pennant collectors out there on the board that are familiar with this set and can provide any additional information on it?

Even if not much is known about this set, I'd love to see other examples if there are collectors that think they have pennants that might belong to this set.