View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Mike Gidwitz

Mark Macrae introduced me to Mike Gidwitz back in Feb 1993, when Mark and I were set-up at Kit Young's Hawaii BB card Show.

Mike and I had two things in common. Mike graduated from the prestigious Lawrenceville College Prep School. In the 1990's my wife and I
had a 2nd home in Lawrenceville (NJ) adjacent to the School. So for starters, Mike and I shared a lot of very interesting stories of the area.

Hobbywise, Mike and I collect original uncut sheets of Sportscards. Of course, Mike's collection is unbelievable. Mine does not compare with
Mike's. However, I have certain BOWMAN uncut sheets which Mike did not have back then. This topic was a source of "joshing" between us.
Two examples of such BOWMAN sheets are shown here.

It's been quite a while since Mike and I have had contact with each other. The last time was when he had an opportunity to acquire the BB
card sheet shown here. And, he asked me what I paid for mine. Well, I told him I traded a 1951 BOWMAN Mantle rookie for my sheet, but
that was back in 1982. We both had a good laugh over that, and that's the last time we spoke.

The greatest truth of this hobby are the fellow collectors you meet and the lasting friendships which result there of. Mike is certainly one of
the guys who is on the top of my best friends list.

1949 BOWMAN (4th series)

1st series....LARGE version

TED Z

T206 Reference