View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yes, Dan should have, if there was a contingency that threatened to undo the deal. I don't see why Eric should have.
Peter,

Again, I agree with you.

The buyer did everything correctly, within the context of the Net54 B/S/T...and on almost every other level.

Should he have sold his Mantle before having the upgrade in hand? The answer to that is open to interpretation. I personally believe (as do you, if I am not mistaken) that the OP was right in expecting the "seller" to deliver a specific performance.

Would I let the original card go before having the upgrade in hand? Who knows? Does it really matter?

In this particular case:

"Seller" offered the card for sale
Buyer negotiated with "seller"
The two parties agreed upon a price
Buyer delivered the money

As far as I am concerned, the buyer completed their end of the transaction completely and in good faith. The "seller" backed out of a deal that was already done. Shame on them.

Again, I am not singling you out or disagreeing with you regarding the main point of this discussion.

Yes, Dan is a weasel for backing out of a deal that he not only negotiated with the buyer...he was also paid in full and then reneged on the deal.

Best regards,

Eric

Last edited by Eric72; 09-28-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: of...or...spelling mistake.