Thread: Bats
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDfan View Post
Some (not all) pro model bats can be distinguished by a model number on the knob, or the presence/absence of inch notations or whatnot. It varies by era, manufacturer, etc.

If you just plan on collecting this one bat, you are all set, you know what it is.

But, if like me, you start to become addicted to collecting bats, do your research and start learning everything you can about them. The smallest detail can be the difference between a real gamer, and a store model.

There is a great book by Vince Malta on Louisville Slugger bats; if you turn into a bat collector, this is a MUST have, along with a few others.
He knows what he is talking about. I wanted one Wade Boggs bat. After being friends with Sean for some time I now have 21 bats in my collection. I wouldn't call it addiction, more habit forming.

I have never got a bat and started shaking wanting another instantly. I have never decided buying bats was more important than living in a house. I have never went to buy a bat and woke up 3 days later in a Piggly Wiggly with a black eye and a sore ass clutching a bat. Now that would be addiction.