View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I don't believe I have seen any of these posted here before, I am pretty certain they are a 1972 issue. They are 3.5" and are identically made as the 1969(?) MLBPA b&w and color 3.5" Winona, MN pins, so I imagine they were made by the same company. They are based on two 1972 Cubs team issued color photo packs, so there are possibly pins of Glenn Beckert, Jose Cardenal, Bill Hands, Randy Hundley, Don Kessinger, Rick Monday, and Milt Pappas, but I don't know what any of their catchy nicknames would be. Of course they misspelled Hooton as Hootin.
These pins are very difficult to find. The five you have are the only ones I’ve seen with the nicknames. In fact, I’ve been searching for the Santo for years. If you’re ever interested in selling the “Pizza Power”, let me know.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown