View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
I think It is not possible to look at that many images and know whats there. It sounds like pure hyperbole to me. I dont think you realize how much 52 million images is. Also isnt this the same guy said he owned 2 wagners when Dave already bought the 5mc from him and Jeff called him out? or is that another photo guy? Sounds like the typical hobby hype to me. Cool image and I agree it has extreme value I just dont think it needs the puffery.
Let's remember one thing here. This is 99% business and 1% hobby. From auction houses shilling their asses off to other people creating a market for items such as this Mantle photo, it's all about the money, and how to best extract the money from the hands and pockets of willing collectors.

I think there are very few of us who will actually take our collections to the grave or pass them on to someone else. IMO, the majority of us will at some point look to cash in on the "investment" and use those assets for other more important life events or circumstances that will happen to us all eventually. And this after years of enjoying the chase of collecting.

Do I think more than one Type 1 of this photo exists? Of course, but none of us can prove it, so the market and hype gets created and it leads inevitably to discussions like this. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but only to that specific person.

Last edited by Splinte1941; 06-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.