View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:41 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnphotoman View Post
No. Not happy at all, it never was about what Type of photos 1,2 3,... I have,! But what kind of photos do I have. Where did they come from, who was the photographer, and more? This is all about the hunt, but I was trying to make a point...every expert I talked to, would say they are Type 3 and just blow me off.
It is like if they are not Type 1, they did not want to talk. Ok, all but one. But I have to say, he finally went there. If I ever do decide to sell, I want as much money as I can get. And that would mean Type 1. I would like to know what I have over if they are Type 1 or not. Yes, I have a very good idea, but I do not want to say on account I do not want to taint what others think, or even know. I believe it's what you like over Type 1,2 or 3.
But every conversation just pulls in what type there are, and not what they are. I would bet if I could prove to the experts that I have spoken to, that my collection is all Type 1...they would take more interest in them.
I started this research back in 1976/77...I want to tell you people were rude back then, many wouldn't even give you the time of day..Today there are many people who are willing to share their knowledge and be very happy to doing so. Thanks to all, John, Oh, and yes just for the record they are Type 1. At least what I know about them.
If you can't get any accepted photo expert to say they are Type 1 you will never be able to sell them as Type 1. Sounds like you have been trying for 40+ years to prove they are Type 1 with zero success. There is likely a reason for that.

Just like if I get an autograph in person and know it is authentic but the autograph experts will not authenticate it, I cannot hope to sell it for its real value.