View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Peter Wilk

Default Reply to Todd

Todd - I am not looking to quarrel with you - I am just looking to make a point.

Here is what you said;

Frank, I don't need the card to be graded by SGC "in the first place". I have cards from these sets in all 5 company holders, including one "PRO" that I know to be authentic and unaltered, albeit overgraded. The holder means nothing to me so long as the card is good. Similarly, I didn't care about the numeric grade, and I submitted this with a request for a minimum 60. I didn't/don't need just a nm example of this card-- I would take one in most grades and my collection of this set spans from grades 2 to 8, depending on back.

I submitted this card because I was concerned about its being trimmed--while some don't mind altered cards, I do, and certainly so at the non-altered price. I submitted it within 24 hours of receiving it, and requested the 24 hour turnaround time, both out of fairness to the seller--if I was going to seek a refund I wanted to do so timely.

If you not need the card to be graded by SGC, then why send it to them in the first place and why are you taking their word that it is trimmed? GAI could easily be correct and SGC could easily be wrong.