View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
The seller at least implicitly warranted that the card was authentic and unaltered,
I disagree. The seller implicitly warranted that the card was deemed authentic and unaltered by GAI. Nothing more, nothing less. It still comes back to "you received exactly what was being sold".

Now legally, unless you can prove that the seller knew that the card was trimmed, you're kinda stuck. Plus the auction clearly stated "no returns accepted". Believe it or not, the ebay auction are technically a legally binding contract that you enter into upon bidding. If it says no returns, then the seller is not legally required to accept returns for any reason, unless you can prove intent to deceive.

Also, I'm kind of offended by the way you threw this seller under the bus... Coming in here all guns a blazing that this guy ripped you off. A simple, "hey, what would you guys do" without mentioning names, would've been more than enough to start things off. You've basically attempted to create a public perception that he's out there ripping people off left and right..

I'm sure everyone in here, deep down, wants to have your back in this situation, and neither of you are necessarily right or wrong. BUT the reason some people in here are siding with the seller, is because of the way you approached all of this. Please understand that it's nothing personal though.

We all get bit sometimes, it's the nature of the game.

Anyways, just from looking at the card, I can't tell if it's trimmed or not, but am I the only that's noticing that it might be slightly diamond cut?

Last edited by novakjr; 02-19-2011 at 09:28 PM.