View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 07:48 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Whatdoyoufreakin'mean trimmed??????

I have been ruminating about posting this card since I recently got it back from SGC a couple of months ago.

A little history, I got this John Stockton card back in the mid 90's from a friend that got it from a pack of Wild Cards. Now this friend of mine, has no ulterior motives and was not even into slabbing way back then. Actually neither of us even knew about slabbing cards or even if it existed at the time. I traded a number of my cards with him and this card was one of many I got in return.

Fast forward to today, I recently sent the card into SGC for grading, as you can see the scarlet letter 'A' was the grade I received. The explanation was evidence of trimming... WTH??? WT@??? If it was trimmed, why does it fit the holder pretty damned well? I am no expert here when it comes to these things.

I have been going back and forth on whether I should bust the slab and sell it raw. I am irked about this as nether my friend nor I would do such a thing. I believe SGC blew it on the grading, frankly (I know, yet another whine about SGC and grading. At least I am sharing it here.).

Anyone know of a laser ruler (or an app) that can accurately measure cards? I have measured this with a caliper (post slab) and it comes within the tolerances of a number of different cards that I have measured for comparison. ugh.........

Submitted for your inspection and thoughts.

B. T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B 92 Wild Card 84 Stockton 1K Stripe Front.jpg (77.4 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg B 92 Wild Card 84 Stockton 1K Stripe Back.jpg (74.2 KB, 354 views)

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.