View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 09:25 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
My guess is that his MO is to be super conservative with grading raw cards. This is why you are seeing "VG" cards look better. So many long term dealers who were reputable in the 80's and even earlier - have lost the script anymore when it comes to grading. Kit Young advertises vintage stars on eBay on a regular basis that anymore are up to 2 grades wrong. Yeah, that might have been "EX" in 1985, but...

Good move IMO by Greg Morris. Another who is an extremely accurate grader at least (if not a great pricer...) is Dean's cards. Their grading is very much on-point from all I have seen.
For a seller that prices as high as Deans Cards does, every card should be graded right. I've only bought one card from them, a $5 card I got through COMC. It was described as EX but was really VG. Very dissapointing. If I can find it I will post it for you.

I am interested in what you bought from them. Based upon the ridiculous prices I see from them on I am curious where people have found something at a good value.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk