View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
EK, baseball was a much tougher game back then, especially the position of 'catcher'. If you closely examine old baseball team photographs (especially 1800's), you'll notice that the catcher's fingers are typically bent, swollen and otherwise gnarly.

It makes complete sense that no one on the team actually wanted to be the catcher - they didn't have back-ups either - so teams typically located a foundling or street urchin and gave them the task in return for a free bag of popcorn and pickle after the game. You can look it up.
yea 100% agree - any homless guy would be made catcher, not ty cobb. Even as a kid im sure he would be the fastest player on his team. If so i would put him in center to run down fly balls if i was the coach. not behind the plate where his speed would not help the team
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 02-15-2013 at 05:23 PM.