View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
And I have seen him ocassionally sign at Rays games.
That would have been 1989-90, the league went broke I think part way through the 1990 season. Mike Marshall played in 1990 and even he signed SOME, not alot but he signed. Bake McBride was tough too but he signed sparingly , I never witnessed Hendrick sign ANYTHING he was considered the toughest autograph in the league at that time. Since then I think he did a private signing or two and is not such a hard case as he was then.

The FUN guys were Rick Wise and Fergie Jenkins who played for Winterhaven , I'd show up with 10 or 20 photos of them and Wise used to tell me to set them on the edge of the dugout and he and Fergie would sign them BETWEEN INNINGS OF THE GAME ...is that a hoot ! and Wise would ask me , so what do these sell for these days and I'd tell him and Jenkins and him would chide each others who's photos were selling for more.

The first private signing Bill C. and I did together was in the senior league it was with Mike Cuellar, Cesar Cedeno, Pedro Ramos and another I can't remember. I lived in Ocala Florida then and so did Earl Battey and he and I became friends , He loved to talk baseball and we'd drink coffee and he's smoke his Salem's and tell me some of the funniest damn baseball stories I've ever heard.