View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Default 1951 Bowman Football

Posted By: Fred Y

In response to your mention of some low POP cards in this set, I have pictured my Lavelli & Wildung cards along w/ 2 sheets of cards from my set--Cards 1-9 & 19 thru 27.

As I stated to Ted Z in the '52B thread--EVERY one of these cards were purchased & saved by me from date of issue, just as I got them out of 1¢ packs back in the day! They have never been anywhere but stored safely away for many yrs.

As you can see they still have the snow white borders & 4 razor sharp corners and exhibit virtually no handling abuse, but many have the dreaded print or print lines and of course some OC issues--but that is just the way they came from my corner store in 1951.

You will notice a blue line & blue ink blur on the right border of the Wildung---looks like a printers cut line.

Thought you all might enjoy seeing some old cards that are for all intent & purpose straight from a pack!

If anyone would like to see any specific card from this set, just ask & I'll be happy to post a scan of it. All of my set is raw as you see--I have considered grading but don't know how much the print lines will affect the grade--anyone know from experience??? (I would most likely use ONLY SGC)