View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 11:52 AM

I agree that the Ruth "Called Shot" ticket is probably the most coveted baseball ticket overall. But I've recently noted a trend in basketball tickets.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the bump in interest (and sale prices, at least on eBay) in ABA tickets. Stubs and often even full tickets used to go for just a couple of bucks a couple years ago, unless they were from very significant games, and even more recently even special tix didn't seem to do well. But even regular-season games have been selling well in the past couple of months.

Some of those ABA tix originally came from me; I made the mistake of selling some full tix and stubs to a dealer at a show in June, and he sold them on eBay for a LOT more than what I'd sold them to him for. I'm not bitter about that----I'm glad to see he made some money on them. But I'm actually much more glad to see ABA tix doing well because in my opinion, ABA full tix and stubs were an under-rated segment of the ticket-collecting hobby. So few people attended many of those games, so we are talking about some fairly rare mementos!