View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Clint

I don't think cards from the 90's will ever have much value or be widely collected. There were simply far too many produced and far too many people collecting them. I am new on the site and I seem to be kinda youngish compared to many members here as I grew up primarily in the 80s with my biggest years buying cards as a kid being about 1987-1991 which is probably the absolute worst era to have been collecting cards. I lost interest because of price, being a kid unable to compete financially with other collectors and also lost interest due to other common distractions that come up moving into your teens. Anyway I kinda started to pick up the hobby again about a year ago, but still have no interest in the cards I grew up opening in packs. I really like the design, nostalgic look and feel of Topps cards from the 1950s, 1960s, t206s and the 1933 goudeys etc. 50s/60s cards and collectors have a story: many cards were mangled badly or thrown out by someones mother, whereas the newer ones went straight from foil pack to stiff plastic holder. Cards from the late 1980s and 1990s just feel kinda sterile to me.....just my 2 cents