View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for opinions if these are Authentic

Posted By: Fudd

Frankly, I think the Aaron is good. It's what we collectors call the "Star" Aaron version. I prefer the "nk" in Hank version. The ball is probably a William White. He has been known to also sign a "shaky old man" version in big letters for Steiner on some Leonard Coleman and Selig balls.

The Joe Dotmaggio doesn't have enough "dots" for me. The strong Dimaggio's aren't sloppy but signed with great care. He usually puts 3 dots on the ball. One above the "M" and 2 above and below the "io". I wouldn't say that it is fake for sure, but for me, I wouldn't buy it.

The Nickey Nantle appears to be what my friends and I like to joke is a "Shakey Shantle". If it's shakey, it's a fakey. Shelly could tell you more about this one in a second. It looks like the M in Mantle is shaky at the bottom, but I can't tell for sure. I also don't like the "c" in Mickey, but wtf do I know.

The Ted Williams has the one charateristic that is from known forgers and therefore; I personally would say it's a Splendid Splinter in your "A". That is: the open small "a" in Williams is a tell tale sign that it could be a forgery. The real ones always are closed a's.

I'm not PSA/DNA, just a dope who has been taken for quite a ride to get to where I am now and that's not too far! FUDD