View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 01:11 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 13 (January 13, 2020 – 013

I started a side project, which I think was at the end of 2017, of a Brooks Robinson autograph run of his regular issue or base cards during his playing days (’57 thru ’78). I’ve never really been an autograph seeker or collector (I do have quite a few of Brooks autos), but was inspired by a couple other collectors, particularly Mike (Baseballcrazy62) and Stephen (Marchillo) when they posted their autograph runs. I wanted to do a Brooks Robinson run a bit different which was to get the cards signed in pen. I knew that would be more difficult, but I like the look of a nice pen autograph on a card. I figured once I have that completed I may go for a sharpie run; who knows. Well, I’m not quite done with the pen autographed run yet so I’ll post one of the latest signed cards I picked up.

1978 Topps #4 signed Record-Breaker.

Day 13 a.jpg

You would think that the ’78 Topps card would be one of the easiest signed cards to pick up, but it has been very difficult to find a nice example. It may be that people were going with sharpie instead of pen, but most of the pen examples the signatures are light on the card. The example I have isn’t the greatest autograph, but it’s the darkest on the card that I’ve seen to date.