View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 04:25 PM

I'm not surprised that many think the Mantle has no shot. The M's are totally "off". But if you study examples online, the "antle" seems very legit. I've had a couple ppl in different forums say the Mantle seems legit. But its definitely a mixed bag of responses so far.

Question: If one part of an auto seems super super strong to the point of a complete match (to past examples) but yet other letters or parts of the auto don't match up with past examples (like the Ms here), do authenticators need 100% certainty to deem it real? Or is there leeway to account for changing signatures over time? Like...does the WHOLE thing need to be 100% certain, or can parts of the auto be certain and they will still certify it. I would assume most to all of it must be pretty darn sure before they stamp it real, for sake of being wrong.

Also...side commentary to the Killebrew is real and the Mantle is fake. Why fake one? Ok simple possible answer...to get more money. But...why not also fake the Mays? Ok simple possible answer...one fake auto is not hard, but 2 is too obvious?