View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
On the autograph side here's what I'll be chasing

1) Jackie Robinson signed baseball from his time in the Negro Leagues. There was a team ball from the team that went to Venezuela in 1945 that sold at Christie's a few year bacl. Would love to find where that one or similar.

Didn't pick up a Negro Leagues Jackie baseball, but did find a signed sheet from his time at UCLA, which filled a whole in my collection chronicling his story up to Integration.

2) Looking to find at least one contract from someone associated with Integration. Something like a Don Newcombe minor league contract.

Haven't found any contracts yet

3) Not an autograph focus particularly but always looking for lineup cards from significant games and vintage lineup cards

Found a few really cool vintage and significant lineup cards.

- 1933 pair of lineup cards signed by manager's Walter Johnson and Connie Mack, where HOF Earl Averill hit for the Cycle

- Fernando Valenzuela MLB debut lineup card
- Ken Griffey Jr 400th HR lineup card
- 2000 WS (Subway Series) lineup card
- 1984 Olympics Gold Medal Game lineup card
- 1930's lineup card with Lefty Grove on the mound

4) Looking for at least one lineup card from a HOF manager that I don't already have.

- Picked up lineup cards signed by Ryne Sandberg and Joe Cronin. Also one filled out my manager Mel Ott. Technically unsigned, but he filled in his name.

5) Would love to pick up some more barnstorming programs and other barnstorming related items
Found a 1945 Paige/Feller All-Stars program which featured Jackie Robinson 3 weeks before his MLB debut. Also acquired a 1947 Paige/Feller program, which was the final season they faced off

Probably the biggest piece is a team signed sheet from the 1946 Paige All-Stars

Also picked up a really nice 1953 Campanella All-Stars tour

[/B]