View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 11:07 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
If you asked 10 baseball lifers to list the top 3 reasons the Mets are a disaster this year not one would list Lindor. I guarantee it. To argue that all their problems start with Lindor is off the wall. Scoring 7-8 runs a game lately and can't win.

If you ask Mats fans I'm guessing most of them would say Lindor is the first or second reason the Mets are where they are.

And a lot of them would comment on how much he smiles and how crazy his hair is, which I don't think savvy baseball people are particularly interested in.
Lindor leads all MLB shortstops in Home Runs, RBIs and Runs. He also is a very good defensive SS. Some fans only see his contract and hated him from Day 1, he's a lot like Beltran, who was an outstanding Met but remains unpopular because of a huge contract and a tough first year in NY. Lindor is also a stand-up guy who answers every question after a game, win or lose.

I believe Lindor is overpaid but who cares? We have an owner willing to spend, this isn't the Wilpons anymore.