View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Default October Pickup Thread

Posted By: Phil Garry

Doug:

No offense taken. Since I began collecting Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie collectibles about five years ago, I have stuck to my original plan of getting every single item in my collection graded by one of the major grading companies, mainly to ensure authenticity as well as to protect my collection for many years. I try to stick with traditional cards but somtimes a career contemporary issue was never produced so I am forced to become more creative. When this is the case, I then try to stick to catalogued issues only where the grading companies can feel comfortable encapsulating an item that has known measurements, etc. To their credit, Mark Anderson, Andy Broome and the guys at Beckett have taken a leaership role in the industry when it comes to authenticating catalogued items that are not necessarily the traditionally encapsulated cards that we have all come to know quite well. In the end, I guess it comes down to every person having their own opinion(s) on the grading industry and we should all focus on what makes us happy and enjoy our collections to the fullest. We sure spend enough money on them!!!