View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Default Board activity as of late

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I remain astonished... those crying (not tears, but as in "hue and cry") about grading of cards, and auction folks cleaning or improving the appearance of cards before grading or regrading.... What will happen is nothing. And if I'm wrong, if something does happen, it will backfire on them. A line will be drawn on a calendar, and all cards slabbed before that date will be suspect (and for good reason). Folks getting those pretty cards in old slabs regraded will be shocked at the true condition of their cards, and they will regret this entire mess.

Knowing this won't change how folks feel or think, again I say that if folks would learn about cards, and collect cards, not slab labels, this problem would be alleviated.

I was going to post a thread about stock certificates for card distributors, I have a DeLongs and American Caramel. But I am taking Ted's and DJ's thoughts to heart, I'll check this site out in January and see if things have gotten back on track, that is a track more to my interests.