Thread: Tax Question
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 02:53 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
Without knowing the specifics, I would trust a tax advisor over strangers on a message board. I don't doubt that the members here mean well when they offer advice, but unless they do it for a living, you're going to get a lot of anecdotal stories and advice that may not apply to your situation, or might have at the time but is now outdated.
There actually are some members on Net54 that are tax professionals, and is why I suggested the OP could try asking tax questions on here to possibly get some tax insight from a fellow collector's viewpoint. But as you and I both pointed out, you have to be careful as to who responds to such threads and endeavor to make sure they know what they are talking about. And any really serious tax dicussion with someone from the forum would likely be better handled via PM, or even more appropriately through a subsequent phone call(s). My point of posting such questions on here in a thread would be to find one of those members who are tax professionals, and then follow up with them either through PMs or on the phone.