View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 09:09 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

No simple answer from me.

i don't invest in equities or baseball cards. They are different investments. I am getting ready to plunk money into equities once they stabilize in what I think will be a bear market.

I never stop looking for rare cards. I never stop looking for bargains on blue chip players. When it pops up, you have to buy it, or you will regret it.

If the stock market is tanking and there are concerns with recession, I am going to sell cards into it because cards tend to lag the stock market by 9-12 months. I know that after riding the tiger the last 40 years. So, now is the time to sell off the chaff in the collection and inventory. The card market is red hot right now, which means people haven't internalized the pending situation. Time to take advantage.

As things get tougher, first to go are the speculators who will just dump and move on. Next are the dealers who have to get cash flow out of inventory. Followed by the speculators who will hold a bad deal too long and finally capitulate. Then comes the collectors who lose jobs and whose businesses tank and need to sell to make their monthly nut. Once those collectors sell, the fat has been rendered out of the market and it is time to buy. Hard. I am holding cash from card sales waiting for that opportunity. I have a long list of cards that I really like at 60% of recent prlces. I expect many of them to fall to that level over the next 9-12 months.

It's a lot more bloodless than it used to be for me, but that was before the Hobby became the Industry.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-09-2022 at 09:08 PM.