View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 01:35 PM
Fred

I rarely go to the Auctions section because there's usually non-vintage items for sale. One way to gauge "what sells" in that section is to go through each page and look at the number of bids on the different items. What you'll see are not many posts with > 10 "Replies". If there are > 10 "Replies, then there's a few bids and if you look at the description you will notice that most of those items are vintage.

If you see < 4 "Replies", then it's usually just the original post and the poster letting everyone know it's up for bid and pushing the item back to the top of the list.

Also, look at the number of "Views". If I see a lot of "Views" and not many "Replies", then it's usually something I probably wouldn't want. However, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Most of the items with a high number of "Replies" and "Views" are vintage and worth reviewing. But there aren't a lot of those.

I used to check this section out more frequently, but I rarely check it out now because of the number of non-vintage items.

Leon, I know you don't like the idea of adding more pages/listings, but could there be only two sections: VINTAGE and Not So Vintage? Set a rule that VINTAGE must be 50+ years old. The only sad part about that is there could be some interesting stuff missed because it's not 50 years old, but that would be the exception rather than the rule (IMHO).