View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 11:49 AM

A very important piece of info to know:

(This has been my experience. Not sure about any of you.)

When shipping to Canada from the U.S., do not use your own printed labels/tracking from stamps.com and other similar shipping services. These tracking numbers only work within the USPS system. Once it leaves the US, there is no way to track via Canada Post. This was a very costly mistake which I learned the hard way, as when a package is lost, each postal system will just blame the other and wash their hands at your expense. You'll want to take your mailings into the post office and have the USPS issue their own tracking numbers which will carry over into Canada via the Canada Post website.

Some of you will see this as a big "pro" to continue to use GSP. Just remember that if you do want foreign customers, many of them will see that you're using GSP and pass your items by. Even if you are selling a 99 cent item, the GSP cost is ridiculous--I want to say the cheapest I've seen is $11+ per item, but the usual starting point has been over $14 per item more often than not. Of course, this cost just escalates based on the sale price of your items.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 09-27-2021 at 11:54 AM.