View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Default Veterans Committee Results

Posted By: J Levine

Being a Dodger fan and growing up in L.A., O'Malley should have been in awhile ago. Walter was in Rickey's shadow for awhile and worked behind the scenes for years. Walter helped finance the building of Ebbets. He was the Dodger attorney for a time and if I recall helped with the legal matters concnering the signing of Jackie. Of course he was instrumental in moving the Dodgers west (a surprising and eventually ground breaking move). He did create 4 world series championship teams. He was also a surprisingly nice guy and his son Peter was also a great owner and nice man. I was very sad when they sold the team to Murdoch. I always felt Walter was turning over in his grave at that sale.
Anyway...not sure that Kuhn should be there after screwing Curt Flood, letting the American league use a DH, forced Aaron to play 2 out of 3 games in a series when he was chasing Ruth, strikes in baseball, requesting that Negro league players have their plaques in a different wing of the HOF because the Negro leagues was not "an offical major league." He skipped Aaron's record breaking HR. He, IMHO, was not Hall worthy and caused more problems for baseball than he solved.

Joshua