View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 04:25 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

after about of year of buying and selling and sending via USPS, a bad experience has finally caught up to me.

dropped a package off at USPS, registered priority on May 21st. this was an SGC submission. The clerk took the package stamped it about 100x (which protects it from being opened unknowingly). all seemed normal. asked me how much the package was worth. I told him that I did not need insurance. He said " well we need still need to know what is in it ". this is where i made a mistake. I told him "$2500". I was never asked this question before, not sure why I told him. the reason I got a CIS insurance policy was so i did not have to tell the clerks the value of the package. Anyway, the only scan I have after 6 days is "USPS in possession of item", the initial scan by the clerk. Any day I check the tracking, I get a generic "in transit, arriving late". it has not been scanned at all. I am pretty sure the guy stole it. even if a package is slow, it should have been scanned "left the post office" and should have arrived at the main NYC hub.

the post office where i dropped it is useless. they tell me, they can't do anything because it is in transit. and they give me nonsensical reasons for why it was never scanned. I called the 1-800 number, and they have been helpful opening a case, but it has not gone anywhere so far. the people i have spoken with both said that something is wrong. they escalated some sort of inspection. who knows what CIS pays. i will be out a bunch of raw cards that took me forever to find in a nice gradable condition.

this has soured me on collecting.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236