View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 03:32 PM

Default Still searching for a Tony Horton single signed ball

Hi everybody,

I wanted to give an update. The post below was from a good friend of my dad. At the time my dad was collecting a single signed baseball from everyone on the 1967 Red Sox, but was missing 2: Don McMahon and Tony Horton. My dad passed away last year from brain cancer and I inherited the collection and am trying to complete it (more for my dad than me, the ’67 Sox were before my time). So far I managed to find a McMahon ball, but still no luck with Tony Horton.

Has anyone here ever seen a single signed Tony Horton ball? Do you think one might even exist? The irony is that Tony lives a few miles from my house in Los Angeles, but from all I have read he is not one to give out autographs - or even talk about his baseball past. Thanks for reading - Any help/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi Gang:

I am not an autograph collector, but am trying to help out a friend.

He has been unable to find a single signed ball for either Tony Horton or Don McMahon. I told him I would check with you guys to see why they have evaded him thus far.

I know McMahon is dead but not Horton. Did either have a reputation as being a tough signer?

Any insight would be appreciated or leads to where he could find one or both.

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.