View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
I hate to be wishy-washy but if one of our kids did a report and made a picture that was not authentic, we would say "Great Job" and "boy you went the extra mile making a picture of championship rings".

But ESPN is a billion dollar entity and would tell you they are the biggest sports media company in the world.

If they did an interview with a famous athlete, you would expect them to show a picture or two of the athlete and perhaps a picture from the interview. A stand in "double" would be outrageous.

I guess since the article was not about championship rings, what they did was OK. Had the main subject been about Boston's championship rings, I think you would agree that in that case, the photo would be unacceptable.

Had they used authentic championship rings, the magazine cover could have become one of the most sought-after publications in our hobby in a very long time.

No it wouldn't because nobody cares about that but you. It's not an article about rings, I don't understand how you don't get that? I am sure they have had pictures of athletes swinging bats that weren't proper mlb bats, tennis racquets, game basketballs, etc. so what?

Last edited by travrosty; 03-20-2015 at 07:43 PM.