View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default sometimes ebay sucks at things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
J. Owen Wilson 1911 T205 Gold Border sold for less than $20 including shipping. Basically a beater.

Seller's description:

"See the scan for the condition of this card.

Please look at the scan carefully. Scan does not always pick up the flaws. If you have any additional questions regarding the condition of the card, please EMail me and I'll do my best to answer your questions."

In this particular instance, now that I've seen the card, I might be inclined to tell the buyer no. But, with that said, looking at the seller's 20,000+ 100% feedback; over 5,500 in the last year alone, it might have been worth it to eat the grading fee. Couldn't have been much more than $8 or so. That single gray feedback is a blemish to what is otherwise a perfect record.

Not worth it IMO.
Ebay's feedback system is totally flawed. I was speaking with a good friend very recently. He is someone we all know and I have never, ever heard anyone in the whole hobby say one bad word about him. He has at least 15000 perfect feedback. NO neutrals, no negs....perfect. Recently someone stiffed him on 5 ebay auctions. Knowing he couldn't give a negative, not that he would have, he asked his ebay account manager if he could let other people know, in the remarks section of the feedback place, about this guy renegging. The account manager said yes he could but the guy that didn't pay could give him 5 negatives if he does AND HE DIDN'T even pay for the lots he won. On this point I have to agree with Steve, even though I disagree with the whole extortion (that's what ebay makes it be, in reality) situation. I would give back $10 to not worry about a neg.....but I absolutely see folks not wanting to do that. I just have so many other issues it's not worth $10 for me to dwell on it......