View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 12:28 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
No doubt a product of sophisticated printing, or some type of CGI. But what kind of "weathering" ends up on both sides like that? There's always something new under the sun in this hobby, but I've never seen aging or deterioration that like on a legitimate piece, therefore my suspicions about it.
Hank, agree with you, and pretty sure that is the main reason behind anyone here who has commented it's a fake.

So I think the black light which is on the way will hopefully help with that (one way or the other). Also, as I've mentioned I've emailed some restoration places, my first question to them will be that staining, and their opinion on it, and then if I take it to them in person their thoughts on that and age of the piece.

I also have yet to mention as I wanted to see the comments come in first, but the seller of this said it came from a collection that included many baseball letters and contracts from the Yankees from the 1920's, again not saying he couldn't have had a lemon in with the group, but just another clue pushing the possession arrow to point toward Real.

Of course if it glows once my blacklight gets here that will put the kibosh on Real, so I'll post those pix later in the week. But if it doesn't glow, then probably off to a well known and respected paper conservator.

We'll see.