View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I do not see it as bashing. Yet anyway.

And certainly no one should bash you for the great amount of work that went into the guide and your generosity in sharing that wealth of knowledge with the larger collecting community. You should be thanked for that, and very much so.

If, however, new information comes to light that shows errors or updates are needed, then this is equally important. A guide can no longer be considered a true guide if it shown to contain errors or has become outdated due to additional research.

This is especially important if many tickets have been incorrectly slabbed by the alphabet soups based on outdated information which has now shown to be inaccurate. It is that much more important to let the hobby know so that they can be informed when purchasing a slabbed ticket as to whether or not the slabbing company used outdated information and their flip may be incorrect. Unfortunately that genie left the bottle a long time ago and the slabs are pretty much forever. So if they are incorrect people need to know what to look for in an inaccurate flip.

I don't know much about ticket collecting, so all of my above statements are just based on collecting in general. If I am off base in what I have read in this thread then please forgive me.