View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I have bought many, many cards from rick probstein over the past several years. I have never suspected anything pertaining some of these accusations that are being made on this thread. I have paid good money for some, and gotten good buys on others like last night ( psa 7 ed reulbach for $996, the last psa 7 sold for over $2k). I think alot of people that make these statements really need to have there ducks in a row, as people can be made accountable for such comments.......
This is what's puzzling.... If the same card you just bought somehow made it's way into a 5 holder, your price would have been a terrible deal. How do you know it hasn't been bumped?

I really like exhibitmans post. I try to avoid graded cards, but it's hard. When I see a card I want in a slab, I ask myself, if I purchase this card and bust it out, would it potentially lose "value"? If the answer is yes, I just don't buy it.

I know the hobby has grown accustomed to TPG, but it's soooo crazy to me that a card can lose value just by removing it from its holder.