View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post

adverb

only for a while or for the time being; not permanently.

Well we won't know until the end of time that it had not taken down temporarily but permanently.

Begs the question why a lawyer would have them remove their guarantee after all of these years. I mean the G in SGC does stand for guarantee, after all. Nice to see that accountability is removed at the top. Yet I read on here how collectors repeatedly expect auction houses to pick up altered cards in slabs.

What a seriously silly hobby this has become.
While BODA was mostly focusing on PSA they were exposing some high power SGC cards as well, and obviously SGC decided they didn't want to deal with the potential claims and just hacked out the "G." It was like that great 50s doo-wop song, "Who took the G out of SGC?" Like most everything else, nobody cared, just keep the train rolling.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-08-2022 at 09:47 PM.