View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 02:12 PM
Kev1n @1les

Since I assume that most BINs are overpriced/full retail, I usually either skip right over them or only have auctions in my search. If there is something that I stumble on that looks to be reasonable, I usually go down a rabbit hole of looking at comps and studying the card to make sure that I am not missing something. More often than not, while I am doing this, it gets sold from underneath me. This has happened at least a half a dozen times and I still lament at the price I could have gotten those cards for if I would have just pulled the trigger (but I assumed something was amiss).

On another occasion, when I was building my 67 set, I came upon a Red Sox team card that had a reasonable starting price ($40-50 if I recall correctly). I watched it through two auction cycles not get a single bid. The price seemed reasonable, but I couldn't understand why no one was interested in it and just assumed that I was missing something. On the third cycle, there was finally a bid, so I put one in. Soon there were 10 bids. I felt like I needed the card and won the auction on a big snipe for like $103. Not my brightest moment, but I was convinced that I would have been a sucker to be the only person to bid at that lower price and there had to be an issue.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set