View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:33 PM

Trout has a bunch of 'rookie' cards.

If you take the old school approach and call the first licensed, pack-issued card from a regular set than it's the 2009 Bowman Draft autographs. These seem to start around 10K now which makes me sad when I look at the scan of the copy I had years ago, ha.

He also has a Bowman Sterling autograph from 2009 as well. These sell for 3500-4000 but have a sticker autograph and are kind of fugly.

Move on to 2010, he has a couple of cards in Bowman Platinum, including an autograph that sells for 700-1000+.

2011 is his RC badge year (with the Topps rules for a RC in full swing at this point).

His first base Topps card appeared in Update. It's the US175 that everybody references. He's also found in Bowman, Bowman Draft, and the Chrome versions of both.

He has some great looking autograph-rookies in 2011 Finest with a bunch of colored parallels that sell for a boatload at this point.

Lastly--2011 Bowman Sterling. All of these 2011 cards outside of a few random inserts have the official RC badge on them which is pretty neat.

I don't want to remember these but I sold a crapton of these between 2013-2015 to fund some other purchases. Fortunately most of the modern stuff was LeBron so it's almost even. Almost.

I'll keep telling myself that.

I'm sad now.

Anyway--here's what I have left if you need some examples.

2011 Bowman Chrome:

2011 Bowman Chrome Refractors:

And one I really wish I kept. This is the Finest autograph, Green Refractor parellel.