View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 11:49 AM

Good afternoon, John. Brian Powell here. Several years ago, I wrote an E-book on a CD entitled, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. It's a 478-page whopper of a book about the immediate post-war regional / food issues---those special "free prizes" with a purchase. All too often, they're murder if you're trying to complete the set, or get individual stars, particularly in high-graded condition. I devoted chapter 5 to the amazing 1962 Salada Coins, titled, "WHEN YOU REALLY LIKE SOMETHING, YOU KNOW IT". It's 18 pages long, and there just might be a few things in there you didn't know about this wondrous set.

Should you be interested in purchasing the book, Google the title and you'll find the press release entry still available to see on the Sports Collector's Digest site. It was written by their fine former editor, and my editor, Tom Bartsch. At the end of the press release is ordering details.

Again John, it's an E-book on a CD. You read it by installing the disc into the disc drive of your computer. If you don't have a disc drive, I'm afraid I've wasted your time.

Regardless, have fun pursuing the '62 Saladas; that was one special food issue!

Kind regards, Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 04-11-2020 at 06:52 PM.