View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 02:35 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default Big Shout Out To The B/S/T

As a collector of modest means, over the past couple of years I have managed to pick up some great cards from the B/S/T. I managed to finish my 1953 Bowman color and B/W set, my 1969 Topps deckle edge set is better than 90% finished, and I have picked up a whole bunch of various tobacco and pre-war cards on the cheap. I don't have the wherewithal to drop a vast fortune on cards, nor do I attend card shows the way I once did; they are either not happening or I simply can't get to them due to shift and weekend work. I just in the past few days took some of my Christmas gift money (I have lots of sisters and my wife comes from a HUGE family) and bought a couple of lots of 1939 and 1941 Play Ball cards. They are in pretty poor condition, but I love them nevertheless and I didn't have to go to the poor house getting them. I really enjoy looking up the players on all of my cards, and what interesting stories! So I just want to say thanks to the sellers on this net54 B/S/T that I have had the privilege to buy from and trade with, allowing me to have some semblance of a hobby. And thanks to Leon for running the best baseball card collecting presence on the internet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1939 Play Ball Front.jpg (192.4 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg 1941 Play Ball Front.jpg (180.7 KB, 229 views)

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***