View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 12:24 PM

Default 1991 Desert Shield set - advice

I have a full set +a few spares that has been in my family since '91 or '92. They were put in sleeves, boxed up and have been in a closet for the last 30 years.

I inherited them about 10 years ago. I finally decided to sell them, so doing a little research, sent the Chipper Jones and Nolan Ryan cards off to PSA to be graded. The Nolan Ryan card came back as 7, near mint. However, the Chipper Jones came back as "questionable authenticity". I was surprised, as these came from the Myrtle Beach Air Force Base just after the cards came out.

So now I am completely confused as to what to do. Looking up "questionable authenticity" ranges from "they just aren't sure, so won't put their name on it", to "that means it is counterfeit".

If they both came back as questionable, I would destroy them, figuring they are counterfeit. However, I don't want to destroy authentic cards that someone would enjoy. I would not want to do something either way that was bad for the hobby.

Do you think I should sell the entire set, with full disclosure of course? Would anyone even want them with a QA and a 7? Or do something else?